This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EAST LODGE TO HOUGHTON POULTRY RESEARCH STATION WEST LODGE TO HOUGHTON POULTRY RESEARCH STATION

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EAST LODGE TO HOUGHTON POULTRY RESEARCH STATION WEST LODGE TO HOUGHTON POULTRY RESEARCH STATION

List entry Number: 1128432

Location

EAST LODGE TO HOUGHTON POULTRY RESEARCH STATION, HOUGHTON ROAD
WEST LODGE TO HOUGHTON POULTRY RESEARCH STATION, HOUGHTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Houghton and Wyton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 54082

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HOUGHTON AND WYTON HOUGHTON ROAD 1. 5140 Houghton West Lodge and East Lodge to Houghton Poultry Research Station TL 27 SE 6/2 II 2. Built in 1897 and 1901. Two lodges flanking driveway to Houghton Grange, almost identical. One-storey and attic. Red brick with diaper patterns in darker bricks. Deep moulded dentil eaves cornice, plain tiled roofs, internal stack. Open flat- roofed porch with two recessed seats and half-glazed door and flanking windows. (N Pevsner p 267).

Listing NGR: TL2960272270

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 267

National Grid Reference: TL 29602 72270

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128432 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 11:37:50.

End of official listing