This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1128529

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, SCHOOL ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Broughton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 53799

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BROUGHTON SCHOOL ROAD 1. 5140 (south side) The Old Rectory TL 27 NE 3/9 II 2. Formerly the Rectory. Early C17 timber-framed cross-wing with later brick range possibly similar to Bird farmhouse in plan, built in 1676. The kitchen range to west has been recently demolished. Two-storeyed. jettied cross-wing to east, rough-cast and colour-washed with hipped plain tile roof. Oriel windows at both floor levels with original ovolo mullions and transomes. Two drop finials at eaves with moulded cornice to right hand. Main range of two-storeys, colour-washed soft red brick. Central stack and gable end stacks, to right hand, with parapet gable. Plain tile roof. Two flat-roofed dormer windows with hung sashes and glazing bars and four similar first floor hung sash windows. Three ground floor windows with glazing bars and eight-panelled door to left hand with panelled reveals. Interior has late C19 Gothic chimney piece dedicated to a rector Mr Johnston, and Jacobean Revival stair- case rising from hall. (RCHM Huntingdonshire p 30).

Listing NGR: TL2798277871

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926), 30

National Grid Reference: TL 27982 77871

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128529 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 03:05:47.

End of official listing