This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

KINGCROFT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: KINGCROFT

List entry Number: 1128542

Location

KINGCROFT, 87, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Earith

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 53838

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EARITH HIGH STREET 1. 5140 (north side) No 87 (Kingeroft) TL 38 74 18/17 GV II 2. Dated 1812 on key block. Farmhouse L-plan, two-storeys and attic. Single-storey kitchen range to left hand. Gault brick, modern tile mansard roof with parapet gables and end stacks. Three flat-roofed dormer windows with horizontal sliding sashes. Two first-floor hung sash windows with margin glazing bars in segmental arches, flank central, semi-circular arched sash window in similar arched head with key block. Two hung sash windows with margin glazing bars in cambered and gauged brick arches flank central door. Doorcase with fluted pilasters, plain entablature and projecting cornice. Flush panelled reveals, four panelled door. Parlour extension dated 1894 on rain water head. Interior: Open-string staircase with carved newel post dated 1894. Original six, and two panelled doors. Small hand basin in niche beside garden door.

Listing NGR: TL3835274810

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 38352 74810

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128542 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 09:48:11.

End of official listing