This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

REMAINS OF BENEDICTINE PRIORY OF ST IVO IN GARDEN OF PRIORY HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: REMAINS OF BENEDICTINE PRIORY OF ST IVO IN GARDEN OF PRIORY HOUSE

List entry Number: 1128670

Location

REMAINS OF BENEDICTINE PRIORY OF ST IVO IN GARDEN OF PRIORY HOUSE, PRIORY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Saint Ives

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Mar-1972

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 53446

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 3171 2/74A 29.9.51

PRIORY ROAD Remains of the Benedictine Priory of St Ivo in the garden of the Priory House.(Formerly listed as Remains of two walls in grounds of St Ives RDC Offices).

GII Walls of priory barn.C14,pulled down 1858.Coursed Barnach rubble with ashlar dressings.Walls stand to eaves level along south side with internal dimensions of eighty-eight feet by thirty-four feet,and were arranged in five bays with two bay gable walls.Bays each with two loops,now blocked,and divided by buttresses and diagonal corner buttresses.Former entrances probably in the centre of the long north and south walls.The remains now form garden walls to The Priory,a house of 1870,which probably overlies other monastic buildings.RCHM.

Listing NGR: TL3147671078

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926)

National Grid Reference: TL 31476 71078

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128670 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 12:44:14.

End of official listing