MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128913

Date first listed: 21-Oct-1952

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128913 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 02:56:16.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Hill

National Grid Reference: ST 65272 96281

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 69 NE HILL UPPER HILL

2/137 Manor Farmhouse 21.10.52 - II

Farmhouse. C16 with later alterations and additions. Rubble, brick, double Roman tiled roof to porch, asbestos slate roof to house, brick stack at former gable end, now right of centre, north end of house has roof structure removed, clad in corrugated asbestos at time of survey (July 1984). Through passage plan. 1½ storeys, 3 windows, all C20 3-light casements to ground, roof light and dormer to right, small gable to left has 3-light leaded casement in timber frame, porch to left has pitched roof and cambered timber lintel to side opening, panelled and glass door; north of porch, brick repairs to walls, 3 windows, all casements, 2 with timber lintels, one with brick segmental head, parts of timber wall plate remaining. South side has 3-light casement at attic level, rear has 3 gables, single storey brick wing projecting from between 2 gables to left, each gable has 3-light casement under timber lintel, ground floor has 3-light casement and single light leaded casement, rear through passage door to right of 4 panels with heavy timber lintel, north wing has 3 casements. Interior: deep chamfered beams, room to left of passage has moulded stops to beams. Internal shutters, chamfered bressumer and jambs to fireplace, with iron arm for pots, rear single light window in deep splayed reveal; change in floor level at 1st floor, with cambered collar above and door of 2 planks, battens and strap hinges set between 2 queen-posts. Marked on 1659 map of hill plotted for Edward Fust, then Lord of The Manor. Formerly thatched.

Listing NGR: ST6527296281

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 35240

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing