This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OSTBRIDGE MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OSTBRIDGE MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1128944

Location

OSTBRIDGE MANOR FARMHOUSE, PILNING STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: South Gloucestershire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Olveston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 35318

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 58 NE OLVESTON PILNING STREET (north side)

7/213 Ostbridge Manor Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Early C16 origin, C17 rear dairy wing, with later alterations. Rubble, treble Roman tiled roof with brick gable stacks and stack to left. T-plan, through passage. 1½ storeys, 5 windows, all C20 under timber lintel, 2 windows under eaves, small gable to left with window, gabled garderobe tower to left with slit at upper level and small window at ground floor, door in 2nd bay from right has chamfered wooden frame with depressed 4-centred arch, 2 buttresses to right with timber between, cross-tie and small light at ground floor. Rear has 2 windows under eaves, C20 single storey extension, rear door as on front, dairy wing has window to ground floor north, rear with ground floor window and 1st floor 2-light casement with ovolo mullions and frame, square leaded lights, window in gable end above with plank shutters; C20 single storey extension to rear south, window above. Interior: deeply chamfered beams in south room divide ceiling into 6 panels, beams in central room deeply chamfered, fireplace with moulded lintel. Former open-hall house. (Sources: Hall, Linda : Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720. 1983).

Listing NGR: ST5752985584

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

National Grid Reference: ST 57529 85584

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128944 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 05:54:14.

End of official listing