SHEEPCOMBE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128949

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: SHEEPCOMBE FARMHOUSE, WASHINGPOOL HILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHEEPCOMBE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128949 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 01:19:13.

Location

Statutory Address: SHEEPCOMBE FARMHOUSE, WASHINGPOOL HILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Olveston

National Grid Reference: ST 61697 86813

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 68 NW OLVESTON WASHINGPOOL HILL ROAD (north side) 8/227 Sheepcombe Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse, now house. Mid C17, late C17 additions to rear with C18 and C19 alterations. Rubble, rendered, treble Roman tiled roof, gable stacks with brick diagonal chimneys, double Roman tiled rear wing. U-plan, symmetrical front. 2½ storeys, 7 windows, all sashes in plain reveals, central 4-panelled door with lower section unpanelled, 3 gables, each with 9-pane fixed light, single storey C20 wing to right. West elevation of 2½ storeys and 3 windows (including rear wing), 2 blocked at ground floor, two 6-light casements to 1st floor left, one window blocked in brick to 1st floor right, central gable has 2-light casement with timber lintel, stack to left with diagonal chimneys; east elevation has blank gable end and rear wing containing former dairy and wash- house of 2 storeys and 6 windows, canted bay through 2 storeys to left, varied windows, 2 passage entries, with flat head to left and round-headed to right. Rear has varied windows, including one 8-light casement to 1st floor of east wing, with loop catch and leaded lights, square moulded mullions outside, ovolo- moulded inside; blocked opening to ground floor left, and door, both with timber lintel. Interior: not accessible. Comprehensive restoration in progress at time of survey, (July 1984) (Sources: Hall, Linda : Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720. 1983).

Listing NGR: ST6169786813

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 35332

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing