BARROW COURT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129126

Date first listed: 20-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: BARROW COURT FARMHOUSE, CLEVEDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARROW COURT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129126 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 17:41:59.

Location

Statutory Address: BARROW COURT FARMHOUSE, CLEVEDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tickenham

National Grid Reference: ST 44729 71986

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TICKENHAM C.P. CLEVEDON ROAD (north side) ST 47 SW 3/105 Barrow Court Farmhouse - II

Farmhouse. Late C15 origin, partly damaged by fire, with C19 and C20 alterations and additions. Rubble with large sandstone quoins and limestone dressings, rendered frontand left return and rear, pantiled roof with ridge stack (roof level slightly higher to right) and gable stacks. 2 storeys, 2 bays to left have C20 2-light casement with segmental head at ground and first floor and central door; 3 bays to right have 3-light C19 casement at ground and first floor, one similar left and right at ground floor, central C20 gabled porch and door, to left a stilted arched blocked door opening with moulded edge. Left return has attached 1 1/2 storey outhouse with garage doors in gable end; right return has large plate-glass window and door to left, first floor right has 2-light casement with decorative iron loop catches and external shutters, attic has 2-light casement with decorative iron loop catches and external shutters, attic has 2-light stone window with cusped heads, C20 lean-to attached to rear right with waney-edged boarding. Rear has catslide roof, large stack (formerly external lateral) to left and C20 dormer to right, small lean-to to left and single light to right, stack to right. Interior: substantially altered in C20, to rear a stone pointed arched doorway with double studded doors with strap hinges, similar chamfered arched opening to left, similar door with glazed panel inset. (Sources: W.I. survey : A Short History of The Village of Tickenham 1933. Byrchmore, Rev. J. : Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Collections - a parochial history of Tickenham 1895).

Listing NGR: ST4472971986

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 33768

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
A Short History of the Village of Tickenham, (1933)
Byrchmore, J , 'Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Collections' in A Parochial History of Tickenham, (1895)

End of official listing