LANE MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129143

Date first listed: 20-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: LANE MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LANE MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129143 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 23:33:37.

Location

Statutory Address: LANE MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 5 METRES SOUTH EAST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Yatton

National Grid Reference: ST 43135 65398

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YATTON C.P. CHURCH ROAD (south side) ST 46 NW 5/149 Lane monument in the churchyard about 5 metres south east of porch of Church of St. Mary G.V. II Headstone and footstone. Early C18. Limestone. Both have fine carved borders with diamonds and circles, skull at top centre of headstone, hourglass at top of footstone, shaped tops, fine quality lettering. To John Lane, gent. of this parish, 1729 and Elizabeth his wife, 1679. John Lane left £120 to the parish, profits for the education of poor children, and other benefices including two shillings to the sexton for the care of the family graves. (Sources: Collinson, J. : History and Antiquities of the County of Somerset vol. III 1791).

Listing NGR: ST4313965400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 33813

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Collinson, J, History and Antiquities of the County of Somerset, (1791)

End of official listing