THE PRINCE OF ORANGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129151

Date first listed: 11-Oct-1961

Statutory Address: THE PRINCE OF ORANGE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PRINCE OF ORANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129151 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 11:25:11.

Location

Statutory Address: THE PRINCE OF ORANGE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Yatton

National Grid Reference: ST 43366 65392

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YATTON C.P. HIGH STREET (south side) ST 46 NW 5/163 The Prince of Orange - II 11.10.61 Inn. C17 origin, refronted early C19 with C20 alterations. Rubble, rendered, block to left colourwashed, pantiled roofs with brick gable stacks on block to left, rendered ridge and gable stacks to right. Main range to right, attached former stable block to left with front wing to left forming L-plan. 2 storeys and 5 windows, all 16-pane sashes in exposed boxes, irregular height and spacing, 4 at ground floor, C20 door 2nd from right and 2nd from left. Block to left, taller, has wide segmental-headed carriage door to right, large triple window with plate-glass sashes and segmental head at first floor right, similar window to left with C20 glazing; attached to front left single storey C19 addition with door and 9-pane light, both with cambered heads, door and blocked loading door with small gable over, blank gable end to front and crestings to roof. Left and right returns not rendered, no openings. Rear has small single storey C20 addition to left, central 2-storey C19 parallel range with single light and 6-pane sash at ground floor, 3-light casement under eaves, left side has small single light and 2-light casement at first floor; small porch with C20 door to right and further taller 2-storey C19 rear wing, sash with wider central pane at first floor and single storey brick lean-to, C20 plate-glass window at ground floor left side; single storey brick addition to far right, not of interest. Visited by George Lukins, a tailor of Yatton, born 1744 and known after 1770 as the Yatton Demoniac. (Sources: C18 pamphlets in Bristol Library: 'An Appeal to the Public respecting George Lukins (called the Yatton Demoniac)' and 'Authentic Anecdotes of George Lukins, The Yatton Doemoniac').

Listing NGR: ST4336665392

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 33827

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing