COURT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1129214

Date first listed: 13-Oct-1952

Statutory Address: COURT FARMHOUSE, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of COURT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129214 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 23:25:02.

Location

Statutory Address: COURT FARMHOUSE, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Winford

National Grid Reference: ST 54286 64957

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 56 SW WINFORD C.P. CHAPEL LANE (east side)

6/118 Court Farmhouse 13.10.52 G.V. II*

Farmhouse. Dated C/1/C/1593 (on stone above central doorway). Squared and coursed rubble with some render, flush rusticated dressed stone quoins, stone openings and copings, pantile roofs with some double Roman tiles to wings. U-shaped plan with rear staircase tower and attached rear dairy wing (formerly free-standing). 2 storeys and attics. South front with advanced wings to each end and recessed entrance to through passage. Windows to gable ends of wings are 12-pane sashes to ground and first floors, those to ground floor under segmental heads, those to first floor with flush relieving arches. 2-light ovolo-moulded mullions with hoodmoulds to attic. 2 similar 2-light mullions to recessed section. Central doorway with moulded architrave and 6 panel door; gabled porch on wooden piers. Datestone above porch and further eroded datestone above upper window. 2 stone ridge stacks and 1 brick west end stack. 2, 3 and 4-light fenestration of ovolo mullions to east front, staircase tower and dairy wing. Interior. Central passage with ovolo-moulded architraves to doors, deep chamfered beams in all ground floor rooms, inglenook in left-hand room, Tudor- arched inner doorways, newel stair in tower and complete through-purlin collar beam roof structure. (N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England : North Somerset and Bristol, 1958).

Listing NGR: ST5428664957

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 33985

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: North Somerset and Bristol, (1958)

End of official listing