BADMINTON HOUSE SERVANTS WING, ADJOINING AND IMMEDIATELY TO THE SOUTH WEST OF BADMINTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1129318
Date first listed:
10-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
BADMINTON HOUSE SERVANTS WING, ADJOINING AND IMMEDIATELY TO THE SOUTH WEST OF BADMINTON HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BADMINTON HOUSE SERVANTS WING, ADJOINING AND IMMEDIATELY TO THE SOUTH WEST OF BADMINTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129318 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-May-2019 at 09:59:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
BADMINTON HOUSE SERVANTS WING, ADJOINING AND IMMEDIATELY TO THE SOUTH WEST OF BADMINTON HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Badminton
National Grid Reference:
ST 80601 82858

Details

BADMINTON C.P. BADMINTON PARK ST 8082

12/28 Badminton House Servants Wing, adjoining and immediately to the south- west of Badminton House

G.V. II*

Servants Wing. Late C17, altered and extended C19, dated "1841" on clock tower and "1882" on north gable of west range. Rendered with freestone dressings; Cotswold stone slate roof, hipped on south range. U plan. East range, 6 bays. South range, 7 bays. West range, 9 bays. 16-pane glazing bar sash windows under continuous string course on ground floor; 2-light casement windows on first floor (blocked 2-light casements on ground floor of south elevation of south range). 2 blocked doors in bolection moulded surrounds to south range and central archway with moulded archivolt and keystone;to the south the arch is in a slightly projecting gabled section which has a gabled head and is surmounted by a timber clock tower and lantern.

Listing NGR: ST8061882856

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
34236
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic interest in England, Part 1 Avon,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].