THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129348

Date first listed: 10-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129348 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 21:45:04.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Hawkesbury

National Grid Reference: ST 76856 86914

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAWKESBURY C.P. HAWKESBURY ST 78 NE 4/102 The Old Vicarage

G.V. II

Vicarage,now a house. Late C15th, altered c.1700; rear wing C18th; altered c.1800 and restored 1970s/80s. Rubble; hall, parlour and (?) kitchen to main range; 3 rooms to rear kitchen and bakehouse wing. Single storey and attics in 3 gables with ball finials (C20th); 2 storeys and attics to rear wing. 4 windows on ground floor, cross windows, some C20th; 3 windows to rear wing, mixture of 2- and 3- light casements. Central C19th 2 storey gabled porch with plank door under 4-centred head. Interior: the parlour is a fine panelled room of C.1700 with a bolection moulded fire surround and duck's nest grate; the hall has a stop chamfered beam and a staircase with turned balusters and a moulded string and hardrail (the C17th panelling and 2 studded doors in moulded surrounds were inserted c.1970) the former kitchen to the left has chamfered beams and a very fine inserted carved stone fireplace with panelled and moulded jambs, late C15th or C16th (from Wotton under Edge); hall chamber, fireplace with stone surrounds and depressed 4-centred head; roof, remains of one arch-braced collar beam truss with windbrace housings; other trusses are C19th.

Listing NGR: ST7685786910

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34315

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing