CHURCH OF ST GILES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129364

Date first listed: 10-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GILES, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GILES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129364 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 07:05:47.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GILES, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Hillesley and Tresham

National Grid Reference: ST 76876 89622

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST78NE HILLESLEY AND TRESHAM HIGH STREET (north west side) 509/4/137 Hillesley

Church of St Giles 10.11.83 (Formerly listed as : HAWKESBURY HIGH STREET (north west side) Hillsley Church of St Giles)

GV II Anglican Church. 1851 by Rev. B. Perkins, Vicar of Wotton Under Edge, in Early English style. Coursed rubble with freestone dressing; Cotswold stone slate roofs. Nave with clerestory, north and south aisles, chancel and south porch. Lancet windows throughout; 2-light under drip moulds to the aisles; 2-light with trefoil heads in the clerestory; single-light to the chancel under a continuous drip mould. INTERIOR: 4 bay arcade; roof with carved kingpost trusses; glass 1889 by Lavers and Westlake, east window of south aisle 1888 by Kemp. Verey, D. Buildings of England: Gloucestershire. the Cotswolds, 1970.



Listing NGR: ST7684489451

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34350

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 1 The Cotswolds, (1970)

End of official listing