This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

UNITED METHODIST FREE CHURCH AND ATTACHED GATES, PIERS AND FLANKING WALLS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: UNITED METHODIST FREE CHURCH AND ATTACHED GATES, PIERS AND FLANKING WALLS

List entry Number: 1129506

Location

UNITED METHODIST FREE CHURCH AND ATTACHED GATES, PIERS AND FLANKING WALLS

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bath and North East Somerset

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Peasedown St. John

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 32658

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 65 NE PEASEDOWN ST. JOHN C.P. CARLINGCOTT

1/6 United Methodist Free Church and attached gates, piers and - flanking walls

II

Chapel and schoolroom. Dated 1851. Irregularly coursed ashlar, rubble, freestone dressings, concrete tiles. Gabled north elevation (liturgical west) has raised coped verges on kneelers, pilaster strips, 3-light Y-tracery window under drip and on cill band, below is a thin pointed porch on colonettes with leaf capitals, it bears the text United Methodist Free Church, 1851; an attached wall of about 7.5 metre height, coped, curves around to a pair of panelled piers with gabled caps, between these are a pair of spearhead gates, attached similar railings behind, the wall then continues, swings round to the west and terminates at another pier. Side elevations, both have 3 lancets in plain architrave with keystone, margin glazed sashes, they then split to 2 storeys with 4 first floor arched sashes in plain architrave, to east there is a plain ground floor door, to west the last bay has an inserted door.

Listing NGR: ST6977858183

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 69778 58183

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129506 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 06:45:17.

End of official listing