CHURCH OF ST JOHN BAPTIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129508

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN BAPTIST, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN BAPTIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129508 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 15:07:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN BAPTIST, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Peasedown St. John

National Grid Reference: ST 69913 57549

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 65 NE PEASEDOWN ST. JOHN C.P. CHURCH ROAD

1/3 Church of St. John Baptist

- II

Anglican Parish Church. 1894. Bodley and Garner. Machine cut snecked rubble, slate roofs. Nave, south porch, transepts, north aisle and vestry, chancel and south chapel. Loosely Decorated. Each part separately gabled with raised coped verges; 3 bay nave has octagonal capped bellcote above 2-light west bay, at south are two 4-centred arch windows under hoodmoulds, weathered buttresses; south porch has plain door under drip; transepts similar with 3-light windows; north aisle as south of nave; vestry has ogee-headed door adjacent to 3-light window with chamfered mullions both under continuous drip, trefoil headed 2-light window to east; 3-light east window to chancel. (Source: N. Pevsner: The Buildings of England: North Somerset and Bristol. 1958).

Listing NGR: ST6991357549

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 32660

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: North Somerset and Bristol, (1958)

End of official listing