CROOKED COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129520

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1956

Date of most recent amendment: 13-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: CROOKED COTTAGE, THE HOLLOW

Map

Ordnance survey map of CROOKED COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129520 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 17:50:38.

Location

Statutory Address: CROOKED COTTAGE, THE HOLLOW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Dunkerton

National Grid Reference: ST 70980 59570

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 75 NW DUNKERTON C.P. THE HOLLOW (west side)

Crooked Cottage 3/23 1.2.56 (Formerly listed as cottage in Lane leading to - long house and about 100 yds N of school. II House. Dated GM/1695. Rubble, freestone dressings, double Roman tile roofs, ashlar stacks, one brick replacement. T-plan. 2 storeys and attic, 3 windows to south, first floor has single lights with ovolo-moulded frames under hood moulds, on ground floor is a similar window and a 2-light window under a continuous string pierced by a plain later door frame with a C20 half-glazed door and lean-to hood, at far right is an oeil de boeuf with 4 keystones, to left a gable rises with coping and kneelers and 2 similar oeil de boeuf in attic, quoins left and right. Left (west) return has 2 storeys, 2 windows, to left are single lights as front but without hoods, to right a 2-light window as front above a string broken by an inserted C20 door in a reconstructed stone frame. Gabled elevation to road has a single light as front to cellar below a continuous string, pierced at right by a plank door, ground floor has blank single lights under a continuous string, first floor has a blocked oeil de boeuf and a coat of arms, attic has date stone, quoins. Rear has a continuous string below a first floor single light.

Listing NGR: ST7098059570

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 32689

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing