This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TILLEY MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TILLEY MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1129580

Location

TILLEY MANOR FARMHOUSE, BATH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bath and North East Somerset

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: West Harptree

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1960

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 32841

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 55 NE WEST HARPTREE BATH ROAD (north side)

5/101 Tilley Manor Farmhouse 21.9.60 G.V. II

Farmhouse. Dated 1659 on interior overmantel originally of 3 storeys with at least one wing now demolished. Squared and coursed sandstone with freestone dressings and quoins, slate roofs. Artisan Mannerist style. 2-storey, 5-bay south front. All windows are 2-light mullions with shouldered and eared moulded architraves, those to ground floor with upswept broken swan neck pediments rising to segmental caps. Cartouches in each pediment with armorial shields. 2 pane casements throughout. Central doorway with shouldered and eared architrave to doorway enclosed by pilaster strips with Ionic capitals set just above bases and pulvinated frieze with projecting cornice. Compartmented studded plank and batten door with 4 rectangular lights and panelled reveals. Above this a blocked opening with similar architrave and inset coat of arms. Moulded plinth course, triple span roof with centre brick stacks. Interior. 1659 strapwork overmantel to ground floor right hand room, also griffin and arabesque cornice frieze. Oak staircase with strapwork balustrade, pendants and ball finials. Panelling to 1st floor right hand room. (J. Collinson, History of Somerset, 1791).

Listing NGR: ST5597956900

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Collinson, J, History and Antiquities of the County of Somerset, (1791)

National Grid Reference: ST 55979 56900

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129580 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 05:35:45.

End of official listing