This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH

List entry Number: 1129872

Location

CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Kew

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 351530

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 97 NE ST KEW CHAPEL AMBLE 4/245 Chapel Amble Methodist Church - GV II Methodist chapel, former United Methodist Chapel. Opened in 1840. Stone rubble with brick dressings. Slate hung on north, south and west elevations. Slate roof with gable ends. Rectangular plan with entrance in east gable end. Side and front elevations each with two 2-centred arched window openings with intersecting glazing bars which have been partly replaced. The central entrance has a pair of C19 plank doors in the 2- centred arched openings. Interior: simple but complete. Pitch pine furnishing, with rostrum at west end. The Association Methodists erected this chapel in the corner of Jane Hewit's garden. Their former chapel was then coverted to a Sunday School. (qv Old Methodist Chapel 15m to NE of Chapel Amble Methodist Church). Shaw, T Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, 1963 Stell, C Draft of An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses, R.C.H.M.

Listing NGR: SW9970075510

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Central England, (1986)
Shaw, T, Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, (1963)

National Grid Reference: SW 99700 75510

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129872 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 02:11:18.

End of official listing