This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GUYS COTTAGE QUIN COTTAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GUYS COTTAGE QUIN COTTAGE

List entry Number: 1129880

Location

GUYS COTTAGE
QUIN COTTAGE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Endellion

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 351446

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 98 SE ST ENDELLION PORTQUIN 1/114 Guys Cottage and Quin Cottage - GV II Pair of cottages. Probably remodelled in 1828 (datestone) by M. Guy. Stone rubble with large dressed quoins on left-hand side. Slate roof with half-hipped ends. 2 axial brick chimney stacks in centre of ridge with remains of projecting stone rubble truncated chimney stack with set-offs on right-hand side wall. Plan uncertain and right-hand walls suggests remodelling and considerable rebuilding of an earlier building. Present building of double depth plan with 2 entrances in altered openings on right and left of front elevation. 2 storeys and attic asymmetrical 4-window front. Ground floor with 2 C20 stable-type plank doors with timber lintels to right and left. 4 sash windows asymmetrically placed between with brick segmental arches with 12- and 16-pane sashes,2 without horns. Third window with plaque M GUY above. 1828 The masonry below these windows and the embedded timber lintels above indicate several alterations. First floor with 12-pane sash on left directly below eaves and three 12-pane horned sashes with brick segmental arches to right. 3-light casement window in full dormer with raked roof. Interior not accessible.

Listing NGR: SW9714780527

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW9714780527

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129880 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 02:33:34.

End of official listing