BRIDGE CARRYING BUERTON APPROACH OVER ALDFORD BROOK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129912

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: BRIDGE CARRYING BUERTON APPROACH OVER ALDFORD BROOK, BUERTON APPROACH TO EATON HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRIDGE CARRYING BUERTON APPROACH OVER ALDFORD BROOK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129912 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 17:21:58.

Location

Statutory Address: BRIDGE CARRYING BUERTON APPROACH OVER ALDFORD BROOK, BUERTON APPROACH TO EATON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Buerton

National Grid Reference: SJ 42012 60126

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 46 SW BUERTON C.P. BUERTON APPROACH TO EATON HALL 3/26 Bridge carrying Buerton Approach over Aldford Brook

II

Bridge, 1870's, for the 3rd Marquis and 1st Duke of Westminster, by or in association with Alfred Waterhouse. Buff sandstone with cast iron parapet panels. Three Tudor arches separated by buttresses standing on rounded, rusticated cutwaters; the lower courses in the archways are also rusticated; the arrises of the arches have recessed quadrant mouldings. The parapets have moulded plinths (carried on carved heads as corbels) and moulded copings between which are rectangular panels of cast iron with cusped quatrefoils holding shields with armorial bearings in relief. The panels were probably part of Porden's railings, designed circa 1810 for the forecourt of Eaton Hall and removed by Waterhouse. Two rectangular piers (with one parapet panel between) at each side of each abutment.

Listing NGR: SJ4201260126

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55222

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing