BELGRAVE LODGE AND STORESHEDS, AND DOMESTIC OFFICES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1129922
Date first listed:
02-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
BELGRAVE LODGE AND STORESHEDS, AND DOMESTIC OFFICES, BELGRAVE AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BELGRAVE LODGE AND STORESHEDS, AND DOMESTIC OFFICES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129922.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2019 at 05:32:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
BELGRAVE LODGE AND STORESHEDS, AND DOMESTIC OFFICES, BELGRAVE AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Eaton
National Grid Reference:
SJ 38673 61120

Details

SJ 36 SE EATON C.P. BELGRAVE AVENUE (South side) Eaton Park

2/47 Belgrave Lodge and storesheds, and domestic offices

II

Ground floor converted to restaurant. Lodge, 1889, by John Douglas for 1st Duke of Westminster. Red brick dressed, banded and plinthed in yellow stone. Red tile hipped roofs with shaped lead finials. Asymmetrical, 1½ storeys, 2 bays. Shaped half-dormers of brick, stone coped and dressed with ornate finials of varied forms. 3 chimneys with stone plinths and caps and moulded red brick barleysugar flues. Moulded stone mullioned window openings. Cast iron casements with leaded glazing, partly patterned. Moulded flat-lintelled stone surround to front door with Westminster initial and date 1889. Framed, ledged, braced and battened pine door with shaped boarding and ornamental wrought iron hinges. Interior: No features of special interest. 2 single storey outbuildings at rear (attached by yard wall), one with gabled, the other hipped tiled roofs, form part of composition.

Listing NGR: SJ3867661120

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
55243
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 6 Cheshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/01400/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael J Tuck. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].