ALDFORD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129947

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: ALDFORD HALL, CHESTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALDFORD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129947 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 10:31:32.

Location

Statutory Address: ALDFORD HALL, CHESTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Aldford

National Grid Reference: SJ 41799 58140

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 45 NW ALDFORD C.P. CHESTER ROAD (North side) 6/8 Aldford Hall

II

Farmhouse, circa 1880, by John Douglas for the 1st Duke of Westminster, converted (with no alteration to the exterior) into 2 cottages probably circa 1912. Lower storey of tooled squared snecked red sandstone, upper storey of brown brick with blue diapering, sparingly used, and sandstone dressings. Complex hipped and gabled roof of red tiles with massive central brick chimney. Stone-coped pedimented gables; dormer gables with brick pilasters terminating in stone finials. Kneelers to gables have ball finials. Doubly chamfered stone-mullioned windows with small-pane iron casements. Oak-framed porch at south west corner, under a cat-slide roof, has closely-spaced slender turned balusters of wood in front of glazing. Mid C20 door. Of 1½ storeys and 2 main bays to each front, Aldford Hall is a good, informally balanced composition in the Jacobean manner, showing Douglas's ability to present a varied massing from different viewpoints. Well grouped with the farm buildings (q.v.) Interior altered and largely stripped of detail.

Listing NGR: SJ4179958140

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55203

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing