TWO STANDING CROSSES AT WEST END OF CHURCH IN CHURCHYARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130072

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1988

Statutory Address: TWO STANDING CROSSES AT WEST END OF CHURCH IN CHURCHYARD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO STANDING CROSSES AT WEST END OF CHURCH IN CHURCHYARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130072 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 02:36:33.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO STANDING CROSSES AT WEST END OF CHURCH IN CHURCHYARD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Elton

National Grid Reference: TL0886393572

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 0893 15/76

ELTON OVEREND (West Side)

Two standing crosses at west end of church in churchyard

GV II

Two standing crosses. C10 or C11. Limestone, repaired. Both with pierced wheel-heads, one with round bosses in centre of each face, sides of shafts and plinth carved with panels of interlacing knotwork. The two crosses were discovered by Lord Carysfort in 1884/5 in the church or churchyard.

Dryden Collection. Drawing of cross. R.C.H.M. Huntingdonshire, p78 V.C.H. Huntingdonshire, p164 Pevsner: Buildings of England, p238

Listing NGR: TL0886393572

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 54884

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926), 78
Page, W, Proby, G , The Victoria History of the County of Huntingdon, (1936), 164
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1954), 238

End of official listing