TOWER MILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130106

Date first listed: 09-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: TOWER MILL, MILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOWER MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130106 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 19:40:15.

Location

Statutory Address: TOWER MILL, MILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Great Gidding

National Grid Reference: TL 12298 83132

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 18 SW GT GIDDING MILL ROAD (East side)

3/54 Tower Mill

II

Tower mill. Mid C19. Light red brick. Four storey tapering tower without cap. Panelled door facing west with windows at each floor level with segmental brick arches. Formerly with three grinding stones. The mill was last in use c.1920. Inscription "W.L. Clark Houghton, 1873 (millwright)"

SPAB report 1938

Listing NGR: TL1229883132

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 54773

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings Report' in Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings Report, (1938)

End of official listing