CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130155

Date first listed: 28-Jan-1958

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH CAUSEWAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130155 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 18:00:01.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH CAUSEWAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Sawtry

National Grid Reference: TL 17186 83941

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 18 SE SAWTRY CHURCH CAUSEWAY 5/52 Church of All Saints 28.1.58 II Parish church. Circa 1880 incorporating late C13 material. By Sir A w Blomfield. Reused coursed limestone with parapetted plain tiled roofs. Plan of nave, with north aisle, chancel and north organ chamber and vestry. South wall of nave has three windows of two trefoil lights each in two centred arches with foiled heads. East window of chancel arch. North wall of north aisle has two reset C14 windows. In the west wall of north aisle are restored late C13 windows. Interior: North arcade of four bays. Two centred arches of two chamfered orders on round columns with moulded capitals and bases. Nave roof in four bays. Queen Struts and arch bracing. Chancel arch two centred and of two chamfered orders, the inner on corbels carved with stiff leaf foliage and mask heads. Late C13 arcade reset in wall between chancel and north chapel. Two bays of two centred arches with two chamfered orders. Sedilia and piscina in south wall of chancel. In west wall of nave are four C12 tomb slabs, reset in 1907. Brass reset in chancel, Sir Wm. LeMoyne (d.1404) and Maria, his wife, in Alwalton marble slab.

Pevsner: Buildings of England, p342 Norris Museum, St Ives: S. Inskip Ladds Records R.C.H.M. Hunts., mon (1), p342

Listing NGR: TL1718683941

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 54684

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1954), 342

End of official listing