THE SWAN AND SALMON

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130168

Date first listed: 21-Jul-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: THE SWAN AND SALMON, 1, LOW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE SWAN AND SALMON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130168 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 21:45:07.

Location

Statutory Address: THE SWAN AND SALMON, 1, LOW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire (District Authority)

Parish: The Stukeleys

National Grid Reference: TL2085975508

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 27 SW 5/158 21.7.51

THE STUKELEYS

LOW ROAD (South Side) Little Stukeley

No. 1 (The Swan and Salmon) (Formerly listed as Swan and Salmon)

GV

II

House, formerly the Swan and Salmon Inn, with stone panel to east gable end with date 1676, initials and a chained swan, painted. Timber frame rear wall, with brick front wall and gable ends, but the projecting porch is probably timber frame. The front wall and porch are roughcast rendered. Plain tiled roof with external end stacks. Plan of three bays including central hall and stairbay . Two storeys and attics. The front elevation is articulated by flanking pilaster strips and raised window surrounds, eared and ramped, with keyblocks. Three later hung sashes with glazing bars. The framing to the two storey, gabled porch is exposed. The original entry to the porch now has a later sash and two window openings, also in the porch, are blocked. At the gable ends there are elliptical windows to the attic storey. Interior. Framing is visible in the rear wall and in the partitions between the rooms. One inglenook hearth to each gable end, the one to the right hand sealed. Fine original closed string staircase of four flights with flat section balusters, moulded rails and square newel posts with faceted finials. RCHM (Hunts) mon. (11), p269.

Listing NGR: TL2085975508

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 54621

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926), 269

End of official listing