MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1130248

Date first listed: 03-Jun-1983

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130248 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 22:59:35.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Offord Cluny and Offord D'Arcy

National Grid Reference: TL 21640 66366

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OFFORD DARCY HIGH STREET TL 2166 (WEST SIDE) 7/9 MANOR HOUSE GV II* H-plan farmhouse, probably built 1613 by Richard Nailour. Early C18 parapetted East front and C19 additions to West and North. Red brick with some gault. Plain tile roofs, hipped to East and original projecting side stack to West wall of hall. C18 side stack to South crosswing. East front of stuccoed red brick and of three storeys, with moulded wood cornice. Each storey has eight early C18 hung sashes with glazing bars in flush wood frames on either side of tall rusticated alcove forming a two storey recessed porch. The alcove has a semi-dome decorated with plasterwork of shell form and doorway at ground floor. Interior of hall has fine early C17 staircase of three flights. Closed string, turned balusters and square newels with recessed panels and ball finials. Original early C17 stone fireplace. Four centred arch with chamfered and stopped jambs in a square head. Two shields of arms of Nailour family to spandrels. Quartered main beams chamfered and stopped. North of the fireplace is an early C18 staircase. Closed string of three flights with turned balusters and turned and fluted newels. Moulded rail. The stairbay is lined with raised and fielded panelling and has cupboards on ground floor with similar panelling to doors divided by fluted pilasters. Early C18 panelling and doors to ground floor rooms to South. The chamber on the first floor, above the hall, has early C18 panelling and an overmantel of three bays divided by fluted pilasters with enriched arcading. R.C.H.M. (Hunts), Mon. 3

Listing NGR: TL2164066366

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 54400

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926)

End of official listing