This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1130284

Location

MANOR FARMHOUSE, 153, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Offord Cluny and Offord D'Arcy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 54383

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 2167-2166 6/5, 7/5 24.10.51

OFFORD CLUNY HIGH STREET (EAST SIDE) No. 153 (MANOR FARMHOUSE) GV II

Late C16 farmhouse with gable end to road, enlarged in the early C17 by the addition of jettied wings. Late in C17 the two storey range to the road was added and this was extended by one bay to the South. Late C16 house timber framed and rendered. Plain tile gabled roofs with original red brick ridge stack. One storey and attics. The North side has a five gabled oriel window at first floor. Of three leaded lights with cyma and roll moulding to mullions. The ground floor casement is also original. In the early C17 the stair turret on the North side was added. Jettied on two sides with dragon beam at angle. Gabled roof parallel to C16 range. At about the same time the South wing was added. Of one bay, jettied. C18 horizontal sliding sashes, one to each floor. The late C17 Northwest wing, facing the road, is also timber framed and rendered. Plain tiled with large projecting stack to rear wall. Two storeys. Each storey has three late C17 or early C18 casements of three leaded lights with smaller header lights. The entry is now in the South wall of the C16 house. Interior. C16 house of three bays. The hall has a large, sealed inglenook and the chamber above also has a hearth. This chamber originally had a window in the South wall, but this was blocked when the jettied bay to the South was added in the early C17. The ground floor room of this bay has C18 panelled cupboards with a dentilled cornice. the late C17 North West wing has a large inglenook at ground floor. R.C.H.M. (Hunts), p187, mon.3

Listing NGR: TL2193367004

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926), 187

National Grid Reference: TL2193367004

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130284 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 05:20:26.

End of official listing