LIGHTHOUSE (MARKING ENTRANCE FROM MERSEY ESTUARY TO SHROPSHIRE UNION CANAL, BEOFRE SHIP CANAL WAS BUILT)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130345

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1971

Date of most recent amendment: 17-May-1985

Statutory Address: LIGHTHOUSE (MARKING ENTRANCE FROM MERSEY ESTUARY TO SHROPSHIRE UNION CANAL, BEOFRE SHIP CANAL WAS BUILT), LOWER MERSEY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LIGHTHOUSE (MARKING ENTRANCE FROM MERSEY ESTUARY TO SHROPSHIRE UNION CANAL, BEOFRE SHIP CANAL WAS BUILT)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130345 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 16:20:20.

Location

Statutory Address: LIGHTHOUSE (MARKING ENTRANCE FROM MERSEY ESTUARY TO SHROPSHIRE UNION CANAL, BEOFRE SHIP CANAL WAS BUILT), LOWER MERSEY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 40505 77413

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ELLESMERE PORT & NESTON LOWER MERSEY STREET SJ 4077 7/37 Lighthouse (Marking Entrance from Mersey 26.8.71 Estuary to Shropshire Union Canal, before Ship Canal was built) (formerly listed as Lighthouse situated on the banks of the Manchester Ship Canal near the end of Lower Mersey Street) GV II 1881, G R Webb, engineer; tapering octagonal tower of red and blue brick carry- ing lantern under shaped octagonal cupola. On site of previous lighthouse (c.1835-1881).

Listing NGR: SJ4050577413

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 56298

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing