ONE OAK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130370

Date first listed: 11-Jan-1999

Statutory Address: ONE OAK, 16, REDINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ONE OAK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130370 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 03:11:05.

Location

Statutory Address: ONE OAK, 16, REDINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 25881 85768

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2585NE REDINGTON ROAD 798-1/25/1772 (North East side) No.16 One Oak

II

Detached house. 1889. By Arthur H Mackmurdo. For Mrs Geddes. Extended 1927 by Maxwell Ayrton for Sir E Owen Williams, the engineer. Yellow brick with red brick dressings to ground floor; tiled mansard roof. Symmetrical design but for a recessed entrance bay to right. 2 storeys 6 windows. Central main entrance of panelled door and overlight. Gauged red brick flat arches to white-painted sashes with blind boxes. Subsidiary entrance to right with gauged brick head and door part-glazed with margin patterning. Deep first floor white-painted entablature with enriched frieze and cornice to oversailing 1st floor with six 2-light dormers. INTERIOR: not inspected but noted to retain many of Mackmurdo's stylised and richly moulded doorways, skirting boards, cornices and fireplaces. The separate studio to east of house was built for Owen Williams; now altered. HISTORICAL NOTE: listed as a rare example of the work of AH Mackmurdo, designed in an innovative style for its date. It was the home of the sculptor Sir Hamo Thornycroft, sculptor as well as of the celebrated civil engineer Sir Owen Williams.





Listing NGR: TQ2588185768

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 477839

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing