CHURCH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130536

Date first listed: 08-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130536 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 21:44:57.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tarvin

National Grid Reference: SJ 49136 66975

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 46 NE TARVIN C.P. CHURCH STREET (East Side)

2/50 Church House.

GV II

Formerly parlour wing of farmhouse, now a house: mid-late C16, chimney inserted 1658 with C19 extension to rear and alterations. Timber-framed with brick nogging on stone plinth. Brick extension to rear. Welsh slate roof and a lateral ashlar stack contained within the house with 2 diamond brick stacks. 2-storey and attic, 1-bay front under gable. Slight jetties at 1st and 2nd floor with ovolo moulded tiebeams. Ground storey has an inserted 12-pane window into a line of studs, a line of chevrons and at the top a pair of blocked 4-light wood mullioned windows. First storey has a C20 steel casement above the original sill. There is a line of quartrefoils, a line of chevron and 2 similar mullioned windows. Gable rebuilt in brick with black painted timbers and a small pane window. Panelling to the side is undecorated except for some chevron work. Inserted door and windows. Interior: Two rooms in each floor in old part. Main room has corner fireplace with moulded stone fireplace, damaged by insertion of brick and cast-iron grate. 2 corbels help carry exposed joists; ovolo-moulded ceiling beam. Room to rear has cast-iron fireplace and an heraldic plaster panel with the date 1658. Main room upstairs has good moulded sandstone fireplace and moulded stone mantelshelf with gilded plaster devices above. Ovolo-moulded ceiling beam. Roof trusses of tiebeam, 2 diagonal struts and short collars.

Listing NGR: SJ4913466974

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55754

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing