BARN 25 METRES EAST OF STAPLEFORD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130558

Date first listed: 08-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: BARN 25 METRES EAST OF STAPLEFORD HALL, RYECROFT LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN 25 METRES EAST OF STAPLEFORD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130558 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 03:25:41.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN 25 METRES EAST OF STAPLEFORD HALL, RYECROFT LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Bruen Stapleford

National Grid Reference: SJ 49002 64553

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 46 SE BRUEN STAPLEFORD C.P. RYECROFT LANE (South Side)

4/8 Barn 25m east of Stapleford Hall.

GV II

Threshing barn: mid-late C17 but upper part and openings remodelled later C19. English bond orange brick with buff sandstone dressings. Hipped red tile roof. 3-storey, 3-bay east front. Stone plinth, flush quoins, plain band at 2nd floor, brick dentil cornice. Central door with segmental head and sliding door. Inserted windows to either side. Loading doorway at mid height and circular pitch-hole and ventilation slots in top storey. Brick band continues around all sides and on east front it steps down over the now blocked cart door with an elliptical head.

The barn contains a large plain room called the chapel. This may have been used by followers of John Bruen (1560-1625) a prominent Calvinist who lived at the hall.

Listed for group value.

Listing NGR: SJ4900264553

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55711

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing