ALPORT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130600

Date first listed: 22-Oct-1952

Statutory Address: ALPORT HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALPORT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130600 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 09:16:05.

Location

Statutory Address: ALPORT HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Malpas

National Grid Reference: SJ 48673 47417

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MALPAS C.P. HIGH STREET SJ 44 NE (East Side) 2/63 Alport House 22/10/52 GV II

South wing of the former Alport School, now a dwelling forming part of a symmetrical building, the central and north wings being The Old School House and Alport Cottage (items 64 and 65 q.q.v.), 1815, of Flemish bond brown brickwork, with grey slate roof. Of 1½ storeys with 2 windows (to lower storey only) at front. The front is divided by 4 plain brick pilasters into 3 panels containing (left to right) a nailed boarded door of oak and 2 replaced 6-pane casements, all under gauged brick flat arches with keystones. The parapet has 2 panels over each main panel of the facade. Dentilled band at base of parapet; moulded stone coping. Above the door a stone plaque inscribed "This addition to the School was made by the Trustees [for the] Charity 1815 in the hope that all the Children of the Poor of Malpas Parish may be educated in the Religious Principles of the established Church". Central chimney of brick. The exposed south end has a replaced 6-pane casement and a door, both under cambered gauged brick arches, a staircase window which breaks the dentilled band beneath the boxed eaves and 2 hipped dormers with 4-pane casements, replaced. Interior: Not inspected. .

Listing NGR: SJ4867347417

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55606

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing