L SHAPED RANGE OF FARM BUILDING ATTACHED BY WALL TO HIGH ASH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130606

Date first listed: 28-Aug-1985

Statutory Address: L SHAPED RANGE OF FARM BUILDING ATTACHED BY WALL TO HIGH ASH FARMHOUSE, CHESTER ROAD A41

Map

Ordnance survey map of L SHAPED RANGE OF FARM BUILDING ATTACHED BY WALL TO HIGH ASH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130606 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 19:28:00.

Location

Statutory Address: L SHAPED RANGE OF FARM BUILDING ATTACHED BY WALL TO HIGH ASH FARMHOUSE, CHESTER ROAD A41

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tushingham cum Grindley

National Grid Reference: SJ 51764 44859

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TUSHINGHAM CUM GRINDLEY C.P. CHESTER ROAD A41 SJ 54 SW (West side) 5/84 L-shaped range of farm building attached by wall to High Ash farmhouse. GV II

Farm buildings containing shippon, barn, stables, coach-house and hay lofts, 1819, the west wing of Flemish bond brown brickwork with pale headers, the south-east wing of 2 storeys in English garden wall bond; graded grey slate roofs. The west wing is almost symmetrical: driftway in corner under basket arch; coach-house door in full-height arched recess near outer end; slightly projecting centrepiece with coped gable has arched recess containing round-arched barn doorway, hoist-arm to loft above and datestone panel inscribed TB:1819. Basket-arched doorways left and right of centre, the latter altered; basket-arched loading doorways to loft; 3 "diamond-and-a-half" brick vents. The south-east wing is of 3 storeys with basket and segmental brick arches. All doors are boarded, some divided. Sandstone padstones, keystones, hinge and latch-stones. The outer sides, more simply detailed, have similar openings, some altered, and 5 pitching eyes, one enlarged into a round-headed loading door. Diamond and diamond-and-a-half brick vents to upper storeys. A handsome range which groups well with the farmhouse, linked by a wall.

Listing NGR: SJ5176444859

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55627

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing