Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130607

Date first listed: 01-Mar-1967



Ordnance survey map of TUSHINGHAM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130607 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 02:25:53.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tushingham cum Grindley

National Grid Reference: SJ 52675 44947


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TUSHINGHAM CUM GRINDLEY C.P. COOKS LANE SJ 54 SW (West side) 5/86 Tushingham House. 1/3/1967 GV II

Farmhouse 1680 substantially rebuilt early C19, of English garden wall bond brown brick with grey slate roof. Symmetrical; 3 storeys, 3 windows; double-depth plan, plus early C19 rear wing. Plinth, band at 1st floor, moulded eaves cornice and flush quoins of stone. Door of 6 pecked fielded panels under looped radial-bar fanlight in opening with flush quoins and entablature on consoles, inscribed D:16TM80. A late C19 semi-octagonal bay window of 5 lights with 2-pane French windows to each side of door. 12-pane sash at centre with 16-pane sash to each side in 2nd storey; 6-pane sash at centre with 8-pane sash to each side in 3rd storey. Flush gable chimneys. Interior: 6-panel doors; basket-arch between hall and stair; altered inglenook in rear right room; oak stair of 1 flight per storey. The floor and ceiling structure has been cased since circa 1820, but it is stated that during electrical rewiring in late C20, broad oak boarding in floors and chamfered oak beams were disclosed.

Listing NGR: SJ5267544947


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55629

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing