This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STONEHOUSE FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STONEHOUSE FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1130637

Location

STONEHOUSE FARMHOUSE, SMITHY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cheshire West and Chester

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Mouldsworth

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Mar-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 55503

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 57 SW MOULDSWORTH C P SMITHY LANE (West Side)

2/54 Stonehouse Farmhouse.

1/3/1967 II

Formerly a farmhouse, now a house: late C16/early C17 with repairs dated 1674. C18 outshut and extension of early C19. Ashlar grey sandstone (1 bay in red brick); concrete tile roof and 3 brick chimneys. Long rectangular plan with outshut. 2-storey, 5-bay front. Chamfered plinth, cyma-moulded band at 1st floor. Right end bay has rebated, cyma-moulded 3-light mullioned and transomed windows. Adjacent is a 2-storey porch with stone-coped gables, carved kneelers and finials. Rebated, cyma-moulded 4-centred arched entrance to porch with stone seats. C20 door behind. Above is a plaque reading THIS HOUSE WAS REPAIRED BY M JOHN DAVIES OF MANDALAY ANNO DOM 1674, with 2 blank shields. Mullioned and transomed window in upper storey and to the sides of the porch. 3rd bay has rebated mullioned windows and 2nd bay, 4-light mullioned and transomed windows to the hall and main chamber above. Left end bay is brick on stone plinth with cambered heads to casements. Interior: 2 of the lower rooms have cambered deeply chamfered ceiling beams, the other a flat chamfered beam with flat and fillet stop. Remaining fittings C18 or C19 but some wattle and daub survives. Mandalay is an early form of nearby Manley.

Listing NGR: SJ5021170414

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 50211 70414

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130637 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 03:10:10.

End of official listing