This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MARY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MARY

List entry Number: 1130873

Location

CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Redmire

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 13-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Jan-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 321812

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 09 SE REDMIRE CHURCH LANE (south side)

6/69 Church of St. Mary 13/2/67 (Formerly listed as Church of St. Mary,Wood End Lane) II*

Church. C12. Rubble, flat roof of church not visible. Nave, chancel, south porch, north vestry. C20 porch with Welsh slate roof. Nave: quoins. Romanesque south doorway of one order with diapers on shafts and chevrons to arch and blank typanum. 3 lancet windows, blocked gallery window. Gargoyle. Parapet. Simple bellcote to west gable. Chancel: blocked priest's door, mass dial, 2 lancet windows, corbel, gargoyle, parapet. Flat-headed east window with 2 trefoiled lights. Attached to east wall, tombstone of Hannah Hanson, d. 1812 aged 105 years. Stone slate roof to vestry. Interior: fragment of Romanesque scroll frieze high up in north- west corner. C15 flat roof with chamfered beams. Romanesque octagonal font on round base. Memorial tablet on north wall to Thomas Other Esq. of Elm House (q.v.) d. 1834, and Jane his wife, the eldest daughter of Edward Lister Esq. of Coverham Abbey (q.v.) d. 1829. Royal coat of arms of 1720.

Listing NGR: SE0508790800

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 05087 90800

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130873 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 10:57:40.

End of official listing