This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ORCHARD END HOUSE AND ATTACHED COB WALLS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ORCHARD END HOUSE AND ATTACHED COB WALLS

List entry Number: 1130954

Location

ORCHARD END HOUSE AND ATTACHED COB WALLS, ORCHARD END

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Bulford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1990

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 321606

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added to the list:-

BULFORD ORCHARD END SU 14 SE (north side) 6/276 Orchard End House and attached cob walls

- II House, former vicarage until 1891 (q.v. item 6/95). C17 and circa 1820. Timber-framed north-west wing rendered and colourwashed, south wing largely rebuilt in flint with freestone quoins. Letter - L plan house of 2 storeys. Half hipped slate roofs. South front of 3 bays with box sashes. Centre 6-panel door with reeded surround and paterae, wide cornice hood on modillion brackets. Left hand brick stack. Side elevations of flint with attic sashes. North-west of rear wing has gable elevations to Nine Mile River with similar box sashes to each storey. Single storey infill. Interior has deep chamfer cross beams, a chinoiserie staircase balustrade and early 19th century joinery. Attached to south-west and north-east angles are high cob walls on flint plinths with pantile copings, and about 12' high.

Listing NGR: SU1682043739

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 16820 43739

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130954 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 08:33:36.

End of official listing