This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

Court Farmhouse, front area railings and outbuilding immediately south east including post box

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: Court Farmhouse, front area railings and outbuilding immediately south east including post box

List entry Number: 1130984

Location

Court Farmhouse, Lower Woodfood

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Woodford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Oct-1988

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Nov-2002

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 321569

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1382/8/254

WOODFORD LOWER WOODFORD (East side) Court Farmhouse, front area railings and outbuilding immediately south east including post box (Formerly listed as: LOWER WOODFORD COURT FARMHOUSE and FRONT) 10-OCT-88

GV II Farmhouse, front garden area railings and outbuilding with post box. Circa 1830. Flemish bond brickwork. Slate roof.

Two storeys, three bays. Central stair hall plan. Entrance a six-fielded and panelled door with fanlight, and flat canopy on brackets, supported by early C20 timber work. Sixteen-paned sashes with concealed boxes and gauged brick lintels, twelve-paned to first floor. Blind brackets. Roof hipped with stack to rear wall. Front garden defined by early C19 iron railings with central gate and urn terminals to stanchions. Including outbuilding with letter box immediately south east; red brick and cob; slate hipped roof; rectangular on plan with curved south corner; tall red brick plinth with cob above; single storey cartshed open-fronted on north side, partly blocked in flint and brick; stable at west end, the front of which has been obscured by C20 garage; later softwood roof structure. Set into south west end wall there is a very rare survival of an 1859 post box; this is the improved version of the post box introduced in 1857 and has a pitched top, after the first flat-topped model had been found to leak; both types have flaps and hoods to the aperture.

Listing NGR: SU1258835338

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 12588 35338

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130984 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 10:18:44.

End of official listing