MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130985

Date first listed: 18-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, LOWER WOODFORD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130985 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 21:53:30.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, LOWER WOODFORD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Woodford

National Grid Reference: SU 12497 35175

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOODFORD LOWER WOODFORD SU 13 NW (west side)

8/256 Manor House 18.2.58 II House. Late C17. English bond brickwork with stone dressings, tiled roof. Two storeys, attics and basement. Three bays, with stair in extension at rear of central bay, wing of early C19 added to rear of left bay with slate roof, and wing to rear of right bay c1930. Front elevation of 5 window bays, with central entrance raised over a long straight flight of steps. Moulded architrave and broken segmental pediment. Scratch dates on jambs of 1716, 1700 and 1742. Fifteen-paned sashes to ground floor replacing cross windows with half brick segmental heads; the arches remaining. Twelve-pane sashes to upper floor. Two-light chamfered mullioned windows to basement. Gable stacks. To rear, further rear addition to C19 wing added c1900. House was probably that of the Chief Freeholder, George Davis. Further dates on blocked door, 1700, 1711 and RD 1747.

Listing NGR: SU1249735175

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 321571

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing