HICKS AND WHITEHORN MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, APPROXIMATELY 21 METRES SOUTH EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1131089
Date first listed:
10-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
HICKS AND WHITEHORN MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, APPROXIMATELY 21 METRES SOUTH EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of HICKS AND WHITEHORN MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, APPROXIMATELY 21 METRES SOUTH EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131089 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2019 at 01:19:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
HICKS AND WHITEHORN MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, APPROXIMATELY 21 METRES SOUTH EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Amesbury
National Grid Reference:
SU 15216 41420

Details

AMESBURY CHURCH STREET SU 1541 (north side)

11/15 Hicks and Whitehorn monuments in churchyard, approximately 21m south- east of chancel, Church of St Mary

II

Two chest tombs. Early C19. Limestone. Each has chamfered table and base, and two side panels. From west (a) to William Hicks, died 1810, the panels flush-beaded, and (b) to Richard Whitehorn, died 1822, and wife Jane. Panels fielded.

Listing NGR: SU1521641420

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
321326
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/11786/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Read. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].