KENT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1131093

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1953

Statutory Address: KENT HOUSE, 3, COUNTESS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of KENT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131093 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 06:40:46.

Location

Statutory Address: KENT HOUSE, 3, COUNTESS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Amesbury

National Grid Reference: SU 15402 41723

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

AMESBURY COUNTESS ROAD SU 1541 (west side)

11/27 No 3 (Kent House) 10.1.53

GV II* Lodge to Amesbury Abbey and farmhouse for Park Farm, now house. 1607 and c1733. Flint with stone dressings, fissile stone slate roofs. Irregular triangular block with an octagonal stair turret on north-east side, and added on south, an C18 rectangular block in knapped flintwork and stone. Original building has C18 stone surround to ground floor window and a chamfered mullioned and transomed cross window to upper floor. Moulded string courses and lozenge panel. Moulded stone cornice and ogee roof. Stair tower is of 3 storeys defined by string courses. Recessed reserved stone surrounds to square windows. Stone cornice and ogee roof. Lozenge on north-east face with date 1607. Added on south, a rectangular block of 3 bays, ground floor raised, and stone plat band. Architraves to windows and stepped flush keystones. Central 6- panelled door with dentilled pediment on carved brackets. Block extended to west at slight angle, with parapet. To rear, a single storey block in matching squared knapped flintwork added c1960.

Listing NGR: SU1540241723

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 321338

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing