TWO HOARE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 1 METRE EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131096

Date first listed: 09-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: TWO HOARE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 1 METRE EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO HOARE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 1 METRE EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131096 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 10:03:28.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO HOARE MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 1 METRE EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Stourton with Gasper

National Grid Reference: ST 77652 33954

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STOURTON WITH GASPER HIGH STREET ST 73 SE (south side) 6/137 Two Hoare monuments in the churchyard about 1 metre east of Church of St Peter GV II Two chest tombs with sarcophagi. Mid C18 chest tombs with early C19 sarcophagi, the latter placed there by Colt Hoare in 1817 and this recorded by plaque against chancel wall. Both chest tombs are limestone with chamfered bases and heavy chamfered flat tops, the north one with inscription to Jane Hoare, wife of Henry Hoare, died 1742, no legible inscription on south tomb. Sarcophagus on north tomb has narrow base on ball feet, plain recessed panels to sides, wider weathered top. South tomb has sarcophagus with plain recessed side panels, weathered top with antifixae, this tomb probably to Henry Hoare died 1785.

Listing NGR: ST7765233954

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 321243

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 46 Wiltshire,

End of official listing