THREE FAUGOIN MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 1.5 AND 5 METRES NORTH OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1131097
Date first listed:
09-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
THREE FAUGOIN MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 1.5 AND 5 METRES NORTH OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE FAUGOIN MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 1.5 AND 5 METRES NORTH OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131097 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 01:15:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
THREE FAUGOIN MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD BETWEEN 1.5 AND 5 METRES NORTH OF TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Stourton with Gasper
National Grid Reference:
ST 77624 33941

Details

STOURTON WITH GASPER HIGH STREET ST 73 SE (south side) 6/139 Three Faugoin monuments in the churchyard between 1.5 and 5 metres north of tower of Church of St Peter GV II Two chest tombs and one body tomb. Late C18 to early C19. Two to south are limestone, north one blue lias. South chest tomb with two plain panels and beaded pilasters, moulded flat top, inscription to Francis Faugoin died 1788. Large body tomb on moulded plinth in centre with inscription on south side to John Faugoin died 17-7. Blue lias chest tomb to north has plain panels, pilasters with incised Greek key motif and weathered top, inscription to Felix Faugoin died 1823. Francis Faugoin was steward to Henry Hoare and surpervised the garden landscaping. (K. Woodbridge, The Stourhead Landscape, 1982)

Listing NGR: ST7762433941

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
321245
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Woodbridge, K , The Stourhead Landscape, (1982)
Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 46 Wiltshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15917/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr G.M. Cotton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].