27 AND 28, CHURCH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131121

Date first listed: 09-Sep-1987

Date of most recent amendment: 22-May-1998

Statutory Address: 27 AND 28, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 27 AND 28, CHURCH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131121 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 15:22:33.

Location

Statutory Address: 27 AND 28, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Maiden Bradley with Yarnfield

National Grid Reference: ST8010738908

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 83 NW MAIDEN BRADLEY CHURCH STREET (West side) 1394/4/95 Nos. 27 and 28 09.09.87

GV II

House, divided into two. Late C17. Rubble stone, tiled roof, formerly thatched, brick stack to left. L-plan; No.28 is front range and No.27 is rear wing. Two-storey, 3-window front. Planked doors to left and right, C19 three-light mullioned casement to centre and single, C19 ovolo-moulded casement to right. First floor has two C17 three-light mullioned casements with leaded lights and one C19 two-light mullioned casement. Left return has C20 single casement to ground floor and C19 first floor casement. Rear wing has external stack with offsets to gable end, 3-light and 2-light mullioned casements. Interior has planked doors and wide moulded beam, said to support panelled ceiling, now concealed by inserted ceiling. An old postcard depicting this house refers to it as South Court Manor, the birthplace of Edmund Ludlow, 1616.











Listing NGR: ST8010738908

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 321201

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing