ASH COTTAGE WITH ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO RIGHT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131308

Date first listed: 04-Feb-1969

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: ASH COTTAGE WITH ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO RIGHT, 15, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of ASH COTTAGE WITH ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO RIGHT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131308 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 08:52:38.

Location

Statutory Address: ASH COTTAGE WITH ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO RIGHT, 15, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Ravensworth

National Grid Reference: NZ 13996 07994

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 1208-1308 RAVENSWORTH THE GREEN NZ 1207-1307 (west side)

13/126 No 15 (Ash Cottage) with 15/126 attached outbuilding to right (formerly listed as No 4.2.69 15)

GV II

House and outbuilding. House dated 1786, early-mid C19 outbuilding. Coursed dressed sandstone; stone slate and C20 pantile roofs. House: 2 storeys, 2 bays. Quoins. Central C20 panelled door in ashlar surround with rounded inner corners to lintel; above it, fragment of medieval inscription, protected by open pediment on cavetto brackets. 4-pane sash windows with ashlar projecting sills and deep lintels, the lintel over the ground-floor " IE " window to the right inscribed: 1786 . Shaped kneelers, ashlar coping. Rebuilt end stacks. Single-storey building to right, formerly a butcher's shop, in rubble with C20 pantile roof, has board leaved doors in segmental- arched opening of dressed stone, and small window; coping to right.

Listing NGR: NZ1399607994

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322827

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing