MANFIELD GRANGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131338

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1968

Statutory Address: MANFIELD GRANGE, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANFIELD GRANGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131338 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 16:56:53.

Location

Statutory Address: MANFIELD GRANGE, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Manfield

National Grid Reference: NZ 22174 13482

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MANFIELD VILLAGE STREET NZ 21 SW (north side) 4/54 Manfield Grange 18.3.68

GV II

House. c1805, with remnants of early-mid C18 house to left. Roughcast, Welsh slate roof. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Ashlar plinth. Sash windows with glazing bars and timber architraves. Hipped roof, U plan, with chimney stacks on the returns. To left: older range, now single- storey, with sash window with glazing bars and part-glazed door, ashlar coping to parapet and pineapple finial at left end. Rear: tripartite sash window to staircase. Right return: 3 bays; central leaved part-glazed doors in timber architrave and with wrought-iron trellis porch in chinoiserie style with bow-shaped lead roof; windows as front, except for blind ground- floor left opening; stack between first and second bays. Interior: ground- floor rooms to south have doors of 6 reeded panels in fluted doorcases with corner rosettes, matching door linings and window shutters, and slightly decorated ceiling cornices, the contemporary fireplaces are insertions; open-well staircase with stick balusters; room at west end has doors and shutters of 6 field panels. The main house was added on to an existing house when it became the Parsonage in 1805, a use which continued to 1905 when the new Vicarage was built on Bowling Green Lane, it too now being a private house.

Listing NGR: NZ2217413482

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322693

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing