This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

TEDDINGTON HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: TEDDINGTON HOUSE

List entry Number: 1131359

Location

TEDDINGTON HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Cleasby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Jan-1988

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 322647

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLEASBY CLEASBY NZ 21 SW 4/8 Teddington House (formerly listed as 18.3.68 Jennington House)

GV II

House. Mid C17, with early C18 and C20 alterations. Roughcast, concrete interlocking tile roof. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows. Ground floor, from left: board door; C20 double 16-pane sash window; C20 6-panel door; C20 double 16-pane sash windows. First floor, from left: C20 double 16-pane sash window; two C20 16-pane sash windows. Ashlar coping. Brick end stacks, that to right large and stepped. Single-storey addition to right, not of special interest. Rear: left half of elevation mostly obscured by single-storey lean-to addition (not of special interest) but above its roof 2 small windows in hidden mullion window surrounds; to the right, ground- floor chamfered cross-window and first-floor 2-light chamfered mullion window, both in new positions having been further to right; C20 external stack in centre, not of special interest. Left return: fixed-light ground- floor window. Interior: in ground-floor room to right, chamfered bressumer to inglenook fireplace. The left-hand bay of the building became the schoolroom of the Charity School founded by Bishop Robinson in 1723, and merged with the Friends' Day School in 1848.

Listing NGR: NZ2489013065

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 24890 13065

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131359 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 08:25:02.

End of official listing