This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GROVE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GROVE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1131389

Location

GROVE HOUSE, VILLAGE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Thoralby

National Park: YORKSHIRE DALES

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Aug-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 322615

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THORALBY VILLAGE STREET SE 0086-0186 (north-west side) 13/132 Grove House 13.8.87 GV II

2 houses, one formerly with shop and public house, now 1 house. Early C18 and dated 1811. Rendered, artificial stone slate and stone slate roofs. 2 storeys, 3:1 first-floor windows. House to right: dated 1811. Stone slate roof. On ground floor, to left: board door in chamfered ashlar surround, on lintel raised characters "J & R W 1811"; to right part-glazed 4-panel door; in centre, 4-pane sash window with ashlar sill and sill-like lintel. Similar window on first floor. Stone slate roof. End stacks, that to left in brick. House to left: blocked door on ground floor to left; on each floor two 3-light flat-faced mullion windows; on first floor to right, single-light window. Corniced stack to left end. The building dated 1811 was formerly a boot shop, and before that a public house called The Loyal Dales Volunteers. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SE0008186796

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 00081 86796

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131389 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 11:44:25.

End of official listing